Squash and Potatoes
* 6 bacon strips, diced
* 1 large potato, peeled and diced
* 1 small onion, diced
* 1 medium zucchini, diced
* 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced
* 1 tablespoon fresh minced dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
* Add potato; cook and stir in the drippings for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the onion, zucchini and yellow squash. Cook, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return bacon to skillet; sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 1 minute longer or until heated through.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.