Parmesan Potato Soup
* 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 6 cups chicken broth
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
* 1 small celery rib, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
* 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
* 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
* In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
* In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup cream until smooth; add to slow cooker. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, bacon, cilantro and remaining cream.
* Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Prep: 20 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours