Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 package (13 ounces) miniature peanut butter cups
* 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
* 1 teaspoon shortening
* In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
* Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls. Press a miniature peanut butter cup into each; reshape balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
* Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
* For drizzle, in a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Yield: about 3 dozen.
Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.