Onion-Herb Pork Chops
* 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 3 tablespoons chicken broth
* 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
* 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
* 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
* 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Stir in the onion, broth, tarragon and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
* Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In another skillet, brown chops over medium heat in 1 tablespoon butter.
* Spoon half of the onion mixture into a baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with pork and remaining onion mixture. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over top.
* Melt remaining butter; drizzle over crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Yield: 2 servings.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.