Cheeseburger Paradise Soup
* 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 1 small carrot, grated
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
* 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
* 3 cups water
* 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 5 cups 2% milk, divided
* 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
* Crumbled cooked bacon
* In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
* Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to soup. Stir in 4 cups milk; heat through.
* In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).