Asparagus Berry Salad
* 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
* 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
* 8 cups spring mix salad greens
* 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
* 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* In a large bowl, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil. Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
* In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, strawberries, onion, walnuts and asparagus. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and remaining oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.