* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup baking cocoa
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
* 1 package (13 ounces) Rolo candies
* In a large bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
* Shape dough by tablespoonfuls around each candy. In a small bowl, combine remaining pecans and sugar; dip each cookie halfway.
* Place with nut side up on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until top is slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.