Crispy Caribbean Veggie Wraps
* 1 medium sweet potato
* 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1/4 cup chopped red onion
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
* 1 tablespoon lime juice
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 22 wonton wrappers
* Cooking spray
* 1-1/2 cups salsa
* Scrub and pierce sweet potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once. When cool enough to handle, cut the potato in half. Scoop out the pulp discarding shell; place pulp in a small bowl and mash. Stir in the beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, cumin, jalapeno and garlic.
* Lightly brush water over all four edges of one wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Spread 1 tablespoon filling along one edge of wrapper; roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
* Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly spritz wraps with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa. Yield: 22 appetizers.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave. When cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face.