The general election is Tuesday. What ID can I use to vote?
Question: The general election is Tuesday. What ID can I use to vote?
Answer According the the Kansas Secretary of State’s Office, the following ID can be used to vote:
• Driver’s license or ID card issued by Kansas or by another state
• U.S. passport
• Student ID from an accredited postsecondary education institution in Kansas
• U.S. military ID
• Employee badge or identification document issued by a government office
• Concealed carry of handgun license issued by Kansas or another state
• Public assistance card issued by a government office
• Public school photo IDs issued to a student
If you are unable to present an ID at the polls, you may vote using a provisional ballot. If you bring proper ID to the clerk’s office before the election canvas at 9 a.m. Nov. 15, your vote will be counted.
Advance voting ends at noon Monday at the county clerk’s office. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday for Election Day.
Go to voteks.org or call 241-3656 to locate your polling place.