McPhersonSentinel - McPherson, KS
by Brent Lager
My son is charged with Burglary, but he accidentally entered the house. What now?
email print
About this blog
By Brent Lager
Recent Posts
Aug. 25, 2016 6:53 a.m.
Aug. 24, 2016 9:03 p.m.
Aug. 23, 2016 12:01 a.m.
Aug. 22, 2016 12:01 a.m.
Aug. 22, 2016 12:01 a.m.
Nov. 15, 2012 9:35 a.m.

The advice of a good attorney can be expensive but an attorney's knowledge can be priceless when applied in the correct situation. Do you have a question about a legal matter and want answers? Go to www.newspaperattorney.com and submit a question to be answered by an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of Kansas. Your question may just end up getting answered on this blog! Remember the Law Office of Brandan Davies LLC does not represent you in any manner until a formal representation agreement has been executed. The following information is not legal advice and is for entertainment purposes only. If you need specific legal advice concerning your own legal issue consult with an attorney directly. Ask Away!
Q: My son is charged with burglary. He and his college buddy got really intoxicated while at my home this summer. At some point of the night he stumbled across the street and went into my neighbor's garage. The neighbor didn't recognize him and called the police. Now he is charged with burglary. What can he do?
A. Sorry to hear about your son. First, you need to get your son to talk with a criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. Burglary is a felony and can involve jail time. Second, a criminal act has to involve criminal intent. In your son's case to be guilty of burglary he had to enter the dwelling with the intent to commit a theft, felonyor sexual battery. If you just make a mistake as to where you are going or what house you are at and enter the home, you may be guilty of trespass but not burglary. You need to get your son to a criminal defense lawyer right away. Good luck.

Recent Posts

    latest blogs

    • Community
    • National