* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon sesame oil
* 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
* 1 cup bean sprouts
* 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
* 1 celery rib, finely chopped
* 4 green onions, finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 4 teaspoons canola oil
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi
* 8 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
* 3 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
* In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
* In two large skillets, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
* Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and wasabi; spread over buns. Serve burgers on buns with cabbage. Yield: 8 servings.