* 4 large tomatoes
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
* 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon 2% milk
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* Cut each tomato into four thick slices; place on paper towels to drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, parsley, basil, garlic and salt until blended. Spread cream cheese mixture over eight tomato slices; top with remaining tomato slices.
* Place flour and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk. Coat the top and bottom of each sandwich with flour, dip into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
* In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-hot heat. Fry tomato sandwiches in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.