* 1/2 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/4 cup chopped Diamond of California® Walnuts
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
* Coarsely chopped Diamond of California® Walnuts, optional
* In a large saucepan, bring water and raisins to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature (do not drain).
* Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in raisins. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture until well blended. Stir in walnuts.
* Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
* For frosting, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook and stir until smooth. Stir in butter and vanilla. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cupcakes; top with nuts if desired. Yield: 14 cupcakes.