Creamy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
* 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup Daisy Brand Sour Cream
* 1/2 cup butter, cubed
* 1/4 cup 2% milk
* 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 6 bacon strips, chopped
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
* 3 green onions, chopped
* Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; mash potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir in milk and seasonings.
* In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
* Transfer potato mixture to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, onions and bacon. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
* Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.