The Galva City Council approved a request on Dec. 3 to provide a 4 percent straight across raise for all city employees on hourly, overtime, and insurance allowance. The request came during the council meeting that day.
The council also approved a $100 Christmas bonus to the city superintendent, maintenance assistance 1, maintenance assistance 2, city clerk, city treasurer and the chief of police.
In other business:
• The council moved the next council meeting to 7 p.m. Jan. 14.
• The council accepted the reconcilement statement, valued at $45,834.17.
• City Superintendent Mark Hoppes said in his monthly report that the Massey Tractor Clutch went out, and the pump in the ball field quit working. Hoppes said the cost of repairs would equal about $2,000. The council requested that repairs be done.
• Chief of Police Staci Curl said in her monthly report that a lot of theft has happened at the trailer park lately.
• The council approved a request by the Warren family to rebuild the mini park in memory of Jake Warren, and to set a donation fund to pay for the project.