Appetizer recipe: Four-Tomato Salsa
- Four-Tomato Salsa
* 7 plum tomatoes, chopped
* 7 medium red tomatoes, chopped
* 3 medium yellow tomatoes, chopped
* 3 medium orange tomatoes, chopped
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 medium white onion, chopped
* 1 medium red onion, chopped
* 2 green onions, chopped
* 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red, orange and yellow pepper
* 3 pepperoncini, chopped
* 1/3 cup mild pickled pepper rings, chopped
* 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
* 1 tablespoon dried chervil
* Tortilla chips
* In a colander, combine the tomatoes and salt. Let drain for 10 minutes.
* Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the lime juice, oil, onions, peppers, parsley, cilantro and chervil. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 week. Yield: 14 cups.
Editor's Note: Look for pepperoncinis (pickled peppers) in the pickle and olive section of your grocery store.