* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 cups sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 teaspoons ground allspice
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup canola oil
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
* 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, allspice, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla; add squash and bananas. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
* Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).