Side dish recipe: Company Brussels Sprouts
- Company Brussels Sprouts
* 4 bacon strips, diced
* 12 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 2 tablespoons minced chives
* 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
* 10 pimiento-stuffed olives
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/3 cup chicken broth
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* Pinch salt
* In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
* Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.