Dessert recipe: Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake
- Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake
* 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
* 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1/3 cup baking cocoa
* 4 egg whites
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 36 pecan halves
* 3 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
* Coat 36 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray; generously coat each with wheat germ. Set aside.
* In large a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cocoa; mix well. Beat in eggs and vanilla just until combined. Spoon 4 teaspoons into each muffin cup.
* Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate. (Cheesecake may sink in the center upon cooling.)
* To serve, top each with a pecan half. Microwave caramel topping on high for 10 seconds or until soft. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon over each. Yield: 3 dozen.