* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 cup salted sunflower kernels, toasted
* 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1-1/4 cups water
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/3 cup honey
* 3 tablespoons butter
* Additional salted sunflower kernels, optional
* In a large bowl, combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sunflower kernels, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat the water, milk, honey and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
* Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
* Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape into loaves. Roll loaves in additional sunflower kernels if desired. Place in two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
* Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).