Vegetarian recipe: Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes
- Linguine with Edamame and Tomatoes
* 8 ounces uncooked multigrain linguine
* 1-1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
* 4 green onions, thinly sliced
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
* Cook linguine according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
* In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano and salt. Add wine and reserved cooking liquid; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
* Add linguine and edamame; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese and basil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.