Side dish recipe: Creamy Macaroni 'n' Cheese
- Creamy Macaroni 'n' Cheese
* 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
* 3-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
* 1-3/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
* 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
* 1-3/4 cups 2% cottage cheese
* 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* In a large microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave onion on high for 1 minute or until tender; drain. Add the macaroni, cheddar cheese and parsley; set aside.
* In a blender, combine the milk, cottage cheese, mustard, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Stir into macaroni mixture.
* Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.