* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 tablespoons corn syrup
* 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
* 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup baking cocoa
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
* 1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds
* 1 cup white baking chips
* Whipped topping and maraschino cherries with stems, optional
* In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, corn syrup and extract; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Drain chopped cherries on paper towels. Fold the cherries, almonds and chips into batter.
* Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and cherries if desired. Yield: 8 servings.