Side dish recipe: Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
* 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
* 1/3 cup butter, cubed
* 1/3 cup chicken broth
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
* 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
* Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
* Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the broth, oil, lemon peel and salt.
* Transfer asparagus to a serving platter; drizzle with butter mixture. Sprinkle with pepper; top with tomatoes and basil. Yield: 12 servings.