* 1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
* 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
* Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread crosswise into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut cheese into 1/4-in. slices; cut slices into small pieces. Place cheese in cuts.
* In a small bowl, mix butter, green onions and poppy seeds; drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.