Main dish recipe: African Beef Curry
- African Beef Curry
* 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
* 1 small green pepper, chopped
* 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Hot cooked rice
* Raisins, chopped salted peanuts and flaked coconut, optional
* In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
* Serve with rice. Garnish with raisins, peanuts and coconut if desired. Yield: 4 servings.