* 1 large sweet potato
* 2/3 cup 2% milk
* 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
* 1 tablespoon pine nuts
* 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
* Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
* Scrub and pierce sweet potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once. When cool enough to handle, remove and discard skin. Place potato in a large bowl and mash with milk.
* Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute pine nuts and sage in butter until pine nuts are toasted. Remove from pan and set aside.
* In the same skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the sweet potato mixture, salt and pepper. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water; add to sweet potato mixture. Stir in the cheese, pine nut mixture and reserved cooking water. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.