* 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
* 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
* 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
* Reduced-fat sour cream and guacamole, optional
* Place beans in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, tomato, jalapeno, egg, cilantro and garlic. Mix until combined. Shape into four patties.
* In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil in batches over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve on buns. Top with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 4 servings.