* 4 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 4 small carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
* 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
* 2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
* 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 2 teaspoons salt, optional
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* Place the vegetables in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the butter, tapioca, sugar, salt if desired and pepper; pour over vegetables and stir well.
* Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.