Inman firefighters went door to door Tuesday afternoon, alerting residents to take precautions after a construction crew disturbed a gas line in Inman City Park and caused a gas leak.
The streets around the park were blocked off while fire, city and gas crews addressed the problem.
A representative at the city said the leak was quickly dealt with, and no one was injured.
The old shelter at the park has been torn down to make way for a new community building.
The project will cost between $550,000 to $600,000.
The building will be about 50 by 80 feet and contain a full kitchen and kitchenette. The rest of the wooden structure will be open with the capacity to seat 220 to 240 people.