Rye Party Puffs
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup butter, cubed
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup rye flour
* 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 eggs
* Caraway seeds
* CORNED BEEF FILLING:
* 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
* 2 packages (2 ounces each) thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup sour cream
* 2 tablespoons minced chives
* 2 tablespoons diced onion
* 1 teaspoon spicy brown or horseradish mustard
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* 10 small pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
* In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add the flours, parsley, garlic powder and salt all at once; stir until a smooth balls forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat until smooth.
* Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with caraway. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool.
* In a large bowl, combine the first eight filling ingredients. Stir in olives. Split puffs; add filling. Refrigerate. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.