In an effort to educate Kansans about agriculture, a “Dialogue on Kansas Agriculture” will take place on Kansas Agriculture Day, Tuesday, March 19 at 3:30 p.m. in the Old Supreme Court Chambers (346-S) in the Kansas State Capitol.
The dialogue will bring together thought-leaders in the agricultural sector to discuss the hot topics of the day, including nutrition, animal care, food safety, environmental stewardship, serving the world, the economy and education and technology. Panelists for the dialogue include the following:
* Doug Hofbauer, President and CEO of Frontier Farm Credit
* Bob Petersen, Executive Director of the Kansas City Agribusiness Council
* Dr. Mike Apley, Kansas State University
* Brandi Buzzard Frobose, young agricultural leader and author of Buzzard’s Beat Blog
* Jay Garetson, Farmer and State Board of Agriculture Member
* Diana Floyd, RD, LD, Kansas State Department of Education Child Nutrition Consultant
* Sheila Lowrie, Dillon’s Food Store Spokesperson
The dialogue is open to the public. Greg Akagi, agricultural broadcaster for WIBW radio, will moderate the panel, which will be streamed live on the Kansas Department of Agriculture website at agriculture.ks.gov.