Butterscotch Peach Pie
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup shortening
* 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup light corn syrup
* 3 tablespoons butter, melted
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
* 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
* In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
* For filling, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and flour. Stir in corn syrup and butter until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and extract. Place peaches in a large bowl; add syrup mixture and toss to coat.
* Divide dough in half so one ball is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger ball to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to pie plate; trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
* Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.