Lemon Basil Chicken
* 1 medium lemon
* 2 garlic cloves, peeled divided
* 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, divided
* 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* Finely grate enough peel from lemon to measure 2 teaspoons. Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice from one half. Set aside. Slice one garlic clove; place sliced garlic, 2 tablespoons basil and the remaining lemon half in the chicken cavity.
* Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; rub with reserved lemon juice. Mince remaining garlic; combine with butter and reserved lemon peel. Rub mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining basil.
* Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings.