* 1 package fudge marble cake mix (regular size)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
* 2 eggs
* 1 bottle (1 ounce) red food coloring
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 cup milk
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* In a large bowl, combine the contents of cake mix and baking soda. Add the buttermilk, eggs, food coloring and vanilla; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
* Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
* For frosting, whisk flour and milk in a small saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and cool to room temperature.
* In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add milk mixture; beat for 10 minutes or until fluffy. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.