* 1 pound bacon strips, diced
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 3 cans (two 55 ounces, one 28 ounces) baked beans
* 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender.
* In a very large bowl, combine the beans, pineapple, bacon and onion. Combine brown sugar and ketchup; stir into the bean mixture.
* Transfer to two greased 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bubbly and beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 25-30 servings.