Maple-Mocha Brownie Torte
* 1 package brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* 2 cups heavy whipping cream
* 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Chocolate curls or additional walnuts, optional
* Prepare batter for brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Stir in walnuts. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
* Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in. from the edge comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
* In a large bowl, beat cream and coffee granules until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in the brown sugar, maple flavoring and vanilla.
* Spread 1-1/2 cups over one brownie layer; top with second layer. Spread remaining cream mixture over top and sides of torte. Garnish with chocolate curls or walnuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.