* 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
* 1 teaspoon canola oil
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
* 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
* In a large nonstick skillet, saute the asparagus, onions and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and ginger until blended; gradually stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
* Reduce heat; add cashews and sesame oil. Cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.