Pesto-Corn Grilled Peppers
* 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
* 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or walnuts
* 4 garlic cloves
* 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
* 4 cups whole kernel corn
* 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
* 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
* For pesto, combine 1/2 cup of oil, grated cheese, basil, sunflower kernels and garlic in a blender or food processor; cover and process until blended.
* In a large skillet, saute red pepper in remaining oil until tender. Add corn and pesto; heat through.
* Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds. Place, cut side down, on grill over medium heat; cover and cook for 8 minutes. Turn; fill with corn mixture. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until tender. Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.