The next Local Emergency Planning Committee meeting is scheduled for Monday. This month's agenda includes:
- The LEPC will host an Emergency Response open house at the McPherson Fire Station from 6 to 8 p.m. All County first response agencies as well as the public are invited to attend.
- Chief Jeff Deal and Randy Easter have secured the South Central Region HazMat vehicle to be in McPherson for review. This is a highly specialized unit designed to respond to hazardous material or like emergencies anywhere requested throughout the 19 Counties of the South Central Region. The unit is housed and maintained by Sedgwick County Fire District No. 1 and in the event of an emergency, they will man the unit.
- Along with the HazMat vehicle, local and area response units will also be featured. Including - McPherson Fire's Mobile Command Trailer, McPherson Fire's Mobile HazMat response trailer, McPherson Police new SRT vehicle, McPherson EMS's Emergency Medical response trailer, McPherson EMS's new semi-chassis ambulance.
- Area Fire Departments are invited to bring a unit from their Fire District for display.
- Snacks and drinks will be furnished by members of the LEPC.