* 3 eggs, beaten
* 2-1/2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
* 3 medium eggplants, cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
* 1/2 tsp dried basil
* 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
* Place eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip eggplant in eggs, then coat in crumbs. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until tender and golden brown, turning once.
* In a small bowl, combine the mushrooms, basil and oregano. In another small bowl, combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
* Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with a third of the mushroom mixture, eggplant, 3/4 cup sauce and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice.
* Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.