* 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1/2 cup prepared pesto
* 1/3 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips
* 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
* Shape beef into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
* Top each burger with a slice of cheese, 2 tablespoons pesto and pepper strips. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Vlasic roasted red pepper strips.