* 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
* 2/3 cup cold water
* 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
* 1 cup maple syrup, warmed
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
* In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cinnamon and ginger. In a small bowl, whisk water and pumpkin until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
* Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Flatten with back of spoon. When underside is browned, turn pancakes and cook until second side is browned. Top with syrup and pecans. Yield: 6 pancakes.