* 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and squeezed dry
* 1 small head cabbage, shredded
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
* 6 tablespoons butter
* 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
* In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook the bacon until almost crisp. Add onion; cook and stir until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Drain. Add the sauerkraut, cabbage and pepper; mix well. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
* Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir the noodles, butter and salt into cabbage mixture. Cover and simmer 30 minutes longer. Yield: 12 servings.