- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, broccoli, mozzarella, egg whites and seasonings. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- Spread half of the spaghetti sauce into 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stuff pasta shells with ricotta mixture; arrange over spaghetti sauce. Pour remaining sauce over pasta shells.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heat through.Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3 stuffed shells) equals 296 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.