The Early Childhood Program and McPherson County Special Education Cooperative will hold preschool screenings during the school year at various places throughout McPherson County.
These screenings are a valuable tool that can be used by the parents of children up to the age of five to discover any areas of development that need attention.
The screening tests hearing, vision, motor skills and other areas of childhood development. Services are completely free of charge; however, a custodial parent must give their permission for the child to be screened.
The schedule for the 2013-2014 school year is as follows:
- Oct. 11 at First Mennonite Church, 719 S. Christian, Moundridge
- Nov. 8 at the First Presbyterian Church, 1400 North Main in McPherson
- Dec. 13 at Messiah Lutheran Church, Lindsborg
- Jan. 10 at the First Presbyterian Church, 1400 North Main in McPherson
- Feb. 14 at the Zoar Mennonite Church, 362 S. Walnut in Inman
- March 28 at the First Presbyterian Church, 1400 North Main in McPherson
- April 4 at the Canton-Galva Elementary School, 210 N Sixth in Canton
- May 2 at the First Presbyterian Church, 1400 North Main in McPherson
Appointments are requested. All screenings are performed between 8:30 and 11 a.m. To make an appointment to have your child screened, please call the Early Childhood Center at (620) 241-9590.