- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Stir in cheese. Pour into four buttered 4-oz. custard cups.
- Place cups in a baking pan. Fill pan with boiling water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 251 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.