After a tough weekend, the men's and women's soccer teams bounced back with wins against the Presentation College Saints.

After a tough weekend, the men's and women's soccer teams bounced back with wins against the Presentation College Saints.
The Tiger offenses finally came alive with the women scoring 3 goals and the Tiger men scoring 5.
Unfortunately it wasn't a perfect night as both Tiger teams were unable to secure a shutout.
The Tiger women defeated the saints 3-1 with all three goals coming in the second half.
The Tigers had a hard time trying to manufacture goals with the Presentation defense packed in around the goal. The Tigers finally broke through in the 53rd minute when Krystina Powell found the back of the net off of a pass from Courtney Alt.
Haley McMath scored goal number two off of a nifty pass from high school teammate Nikki Neal.
Presentation made things interesting in the 79th minute when a defensive break down allowed the Saints to trim the Tiger lead to 2-1.
The Tigers extended their lead back to two goals in the 83rd minute.
Krystina Powell beat the Saints defense to the end line and then played the ball back across the 6 yard box to a wide open Sarah Aroum who buried the shot.
Twila Smedley wasn't tested too much in the win but still managed to add 4 more saves to her season total.
The win for the Lady Tigers puts them at 4-9 on the season.
They will get a little rest the remainder of the week before travelling to Bellevue, Neb., for a MCAC game against the Bellevue Bruins on Saturday.
The Tiger men ended their scoring drought in a big way against the Saints coming up with 5 goals, three of them assisted.
The Tigers struck first in the 28th minute when Chayse Rambo broke the 0-0 tie with a goal off of a Blake Fryer assist.
Then the sky opened up and the rains fell. With the slick conditions and a defensive breakdown by the Tigers, Presentation was awarded a penalty kick when a Saints player was shoved own in the 18 yard box. The Saints buried the PK and tied the game at 1-1.
With new life breathed into Saints the game took a new look and the game remained tied for the rest of the first half.
In the second half the Saints began to show signs of fatigue and the Tigers took advantage adding four goal, three in the final 20 minutes of the half.
The first goal of the second half came when Brian Stackhouse played a pass to Oscar Pizano who beat the Saint's keeper. In the 71st minute David Martinez-Salinas cut back on the Saints defense and played a ball to the penalty spot where Jason Arias was waiting to finish.
The fourth and fifth goals were unassisted. Both came off of defensive mistakes by the Saints defense and were good individual efforts by Brian Stackhouse and Oscar Pizano.
Alex Akrawi was in goal for the Tigers. He faced only two shots on goal saving one. The win gives the Tigers a 2-8-2 record for the season.
"Good win [Monday],” Tiger coach Aaron Hoxie said. “I was impressed with the brand of footy played. We have been working hard in training and needed a performance like this to give us a boost. Well done all around."
The Tigers have two more games this week, the always tough Manhattan Christian Collage Crusaders on the road on Wednesday, and then a road conference match up with Bellevue University on Saturday in.