The Early Childhood Program and McPherson County Special Education Cooperative will have preschool screenings during the school year at various places throughout McPherson County.
These screenings are a valuable tool that can be used by the parents of children up to the age of 5 to discover any areas of development that need attention.
The screening tests hearing, vision, motor skills and other areas of childhood development. Services are completely free of charge; however, a custodial parent must give his or her permission for the child to be screened.
The schedule for the 2013-2014 school year is as follows:
- Nov. 8 at the First Presbyterian Church, 1400 N. Main St. in McPherson
- Dec. 13 at Messiah Lutheran Church, Lindsborg
- Jan. 10 at the First Presbyterian Church, 1400 N. Main St. in McPherson
- Feb. 14 at the Zoar Mennonite Church, 362 S. Walnut St. in Inman
- March 28 at the First Presbyterian Church, 1400 N. Main St. in McPherson
- April 4 at the Canton-Galva Elementary School, 210 N. Sixth St. in Canton
- May 2 at the First Presbyterian Church, 1400 N. Main St. in McPherson
Appointments are requested. All screenings are performed between 8:30 and 11 a.m. To make an appointment to have your child screened, call the Early Childhood Center at 620-241-9590.