- 6 cups Chocolate Chex
- 1 can (6 ounces) salted roasted almonds
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Place cereal and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir in espresso powder until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture and toss to coat. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.Yield: 8 cups.
3/4 cup equals 325 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein